Phase Change During Heat Transfer (Stefan Problem)?

Energy2D Forum Forums Energy2D Questions Phase Change During Heat Transfer (Stefan Problem)?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Xie 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

schultzf
    Participant

Has anyone been able to use Energy2D to perform heat transfer simulations on materials that undergo a phase change when heating? If so, how were you able to do it? Thanks!

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

Energy2D doesn’t currently support phase change or chemical reaction as they typically require moving boundary conditions. There has been a plan to implement the Stefan conditions, though.

schultzf
    Participant

Thanks, Charles for the response. Looking forward to see how Energy2D and 3D advances in capability. I have really enjoyed the ease of use of the software by myself and my collaborators who are not “experts” in heat transfer modeling.

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

Thanks! I am glad that you like the software.

schultzf
    Participant

Hi Charles, I have really enjoyed the software! I am using it to model thermodynamic challenges for the National Science Olympiad tournament this weekend in Chicago. What a great resource for the middle and high school teams who participate in this! I am curious if you have an update on when the Stefan Problem can be addressed with Energy2D?

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

Sorry, I have been busy with many other things. I haven’t been able to find time to implement a Stefan solver this year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.