Technical Difficulties

Energy2D Forum Forums Energy2D Questions Technical Difficulties

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tsmith 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tsmith
    Participant

Hi, I am a student attempting to use this program for my physics class. I am able to download the windows installer on my windows 10 laptop, but when I run it, it begins installation then instantly closes. If I attempt to run it again as an administrator it attempts to install it again, and the cycle continues. So I am unable to get the program to run, I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the problem. Thank you.

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

Did it show any error message? If so, a screenshot of that error message would be helpful.

Also, sometimes, restarting the computer fixes the problem.

tsmith
    Participant

No error message appears, and it no longer attempts to install the program, now it just doesn’t open. It also says in the file location that the application is only 46 KB in size which I’m not sure if that is the proper size or not.

tsmith
    Participant

I was able to get the 500×500 program to properly install, so thank you for your help anyways. I just am uncertain why the basic was unable to install.

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

Don’t use the 500×500. Just use the Linux installer to install it on your PC since you have already installed Java. The Linux installer, never mind the name, works also on Windows and Mac.

tsmith
    Participant

Alright the linux installer works, thank you for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.