Bug with heating simulation

Energy3D Forum Forums Energy3D Questions Bug with heating simulation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Xie 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

michel_123
    Participant

Hi,
    There is an error in August when I simulate for both Roberval and Quebec city. There is a significant heating demand in August however the environmental data shows temperature well above the thermostat set point.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

Here are the temperature data of Quebec and the energy simulation results.

The reason that it still needs heating in August is because for a long time of the day the temperature is well below 20 C (the heating setpoint). As we don’t account for thermal mass, the energy stored during the day has no effect on the temperature in the house at night. I agree that this is a bug.

Attachments:

michel_123
    Participant

Hi,
    In my simulation the heating setpoint is 5 C, So even without considering thermal mass, heating should not kick in? May be it is due to the fact that the simulation is trying to maintain a constant temperature as per setpoint schedule.
    Is it possible to turn off cooling (air conditioning) in the simulation?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  michel_123.

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

I looked at your model and the setpoint for August was set to 22 C. Only in September you set it to 5 C. When I ran your simulation for September 1st, I got a huge AC cost and no heating.

Attachments:

michel_123
    Participant

You are correct, I reduced the set point in August to 5 C and no longer have power surge.
    Is there a way to switch off air conditioning and solar in the simulation?

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

If you don’t add any PV solar, then nothing is calculated. Currently, there is no way to disable AC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.