removing a component

Energy3D Forum Forums Energy3D Questions removing a component

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cfirat 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cfirat
    Participant

Hello Dear Xie,
    Could you please guide me how to remove a component from a project?
    Ex. I have a 10s mirrors on each side of a LFR, and I want to remove 1 reflector from left and 1 mirror from right as well. I select the mirror and stroke the “del” key but nothing happens.
    thank you
    cfirat

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  cfirat.

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

Hi Cfirat:

Using the DEL key to remove a reflector works for me. Not sure why it didn’t work for you. Alternatively, you can right-click on it and select “Cut” from the popup menu. If that doesn’t work either, restart Energy3D and try again. It should work either way.

Let me know.

Charles

cfirat
    Participant

Hi dear Xie,
    Thanks very much for the reply.
    I am trying to use one the “project” that you have supplied in the examples.
    I would like to use less reflectors in my project. My aim is to obtain the reflected optical efficiency. “Del” key doesn’t work for me, but “cut” works, this time i cannot rearrange the void space occurring after cutting object.
    Thank you

cfirat
    Participant

I am trying to rearrange sundt-fresnel-reflectors.ng3

Isn’t it possible to rearrange the system for my needs? Or the file is like “locked” for re-design?

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

This is probably because the reflector is too long and it is very easy to drag it out of the foundation, which is prohibited. You can try to switch to the 2D mode using Ctrl+T (or View > 2D Top View). It is MUCH easier to edit the scene using the 2D mode.

As for the Del key, I have no idea why it doesn’t work for you. You can also try to use the backspace key. It supports deletion, too.

Charles Xie
    Keymaster

And, you are right, the reflectors are locked to prevent the user from accidentally changing them. You can unlock them by right-clicking on a reflector and uncheck “Disable Edit Points”.

cfirat
    Participant

Thank you very much. really appreciated.
    regards.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.